It’s not surprising to hear that the more time you put into maintaining and caring for your car, the longer it will last. But what exactly can you do to increase the lifespan of your vehicle? The team here at Logel’s has put together a list of the top 5 things you can do to maximize the life of your car.
1. Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are a critical part of your vehicles preventative maintenance. Oil helps keep all of your cars moving parts lubricated, reducing their heat by lowing the friction levels they create. Oil is also necessary to remove any grit or particles from clogging up the moving parts. Without regular oil changes, the moving parts of your vehicle can become stiff and worn, causing significant damage.
2. Tire Rotation: Depending on their position on your vehicle, your tires may wear differently. By rotating your tires, you reduce uneven wear which can impact performance and fuel efficiency.
3. Changing filters: There are a number of different filters in your car, but it’s the fuel filter that plays a key role in your cars performance. Fuel filters screen out dirt and other particles that can enter your car through the fuel line and impact your vehicle’s performance. With a worn fuel filter, these particles can enter the engine, causing decreased fuel efficiency and performance, or even complete engine failure.
4. Fluid Top-Ups: One of the easiest things you can do to make sure your car is running smoothly, is to regularly check your fluid levels. The most important fluids to keep an eye on are the engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, and power steering fluid. While individually, all of these fluids have their own job, together they help ensure your vehicle runs smoothly.
5. Winter preparation: As Canadians, we know how harsh our winters can be, which is why we recommend vehicle owners do what they can to prepare their car for winter. This includes checking your car’s battery life, changing your windshield wipers to specialized snow blades, and making sure that there are no small cracks or dings in the windshield that could turn into large cracks. By doing this, you’re making the winter a little bit easier on your vehicle.
By following these 5 tips, you’ll help maximize your car’s life. Another great option is to use after market, or used products when fixing your vehicle. When bought through someone like Logel’s, you can rest assured that you’ll be purchasing safe, high quality products that will reduce costs, and allow you to use the money saved to maintain your vehicle longer.